Saturday, October 15, 2016

Sharing my Story with Pharmacyclics


I recently returned from a visit with the Pharmacyclics folks in Sunnyvale, California.
Here I am with Wulff-Erik ("Erik") von Borcke, the President, and posing with the painting that I was commissioned to paint for their lobby "A Piece of my Heart (Part 2)."

I met with Erik for about 40 minutes and then he interviewed me in front of a crowd of about 300-400 employees for about an hour. Ibrutinib is one of their cancer drugs, so we discussed my cancer journey. What a remarkable experience for me. The employees wanted to put a human face with the drug they are manufacturing. In the audience was a recent grad of the Computer Graphics Technology Department at Purdue University, where I taught, researched and wrote grants. Small world; isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment