Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Negative and Negative

I got the results of my tests.

Well, it looks like I am negative for COVID-19 and negative for having antibodies. That means that the upper respiratory infections I had off and on all November, December, and January were not the Coronavirus.

The state of Arizona is opening up, but look at how the number of cases are spiking. Here is an excerpt from The Washington Post:

“14 states and Puerto Rico hit highest seven-day average of new coronavirus infections”
June 8, 2020

Since the start of June, 14 states and Puerto Rico have recorded their highest-ever seven-day average of new coronavirus cases since the pandemic began, according to data tracked by The Washington Post: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Kentucky, New Mexico, North Carolina, Mississippi, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Utah.


So ... What happened to the CDC advisement of 14 days of no increases? Does the increase in numbers mean that more people are being tested? When is it safe for cancer survivors like me to go out and play? When is it safe for me to fly across the country to meet with my medical team in Bethesda, Maryland? Dr. Fauci!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment