Saturday, March 16, 2024

Week 7 Venetoclax: Ramping it up to 300 mg

Dear friends, family, and anyone else out there who wants to know what is going on:

Week 6 to Week 7 I have had a little fatigue and lots of foggy brain, but I worked through it. I listened to my body and slept and rested.

Week 7 I am on a ramp up of 300 mg and I started to take my diabetes medicine. If it causes too much indigestion issues, Dr. Robin said I could take it every other day. I only had a problem the first day I took it.

On Wednesday, March 13th, the second day of Week 7, I woke up with a clear head. The grogginess was gone. It felt so good.

My swelling and redness in my right leg is gone. My calves do look like I have been the survivor of a bar fight. As my future son-in-law Flint would say, “You should have seen the other guy!”

I will have another ultrasound in three months to see the status of my non-occlusive blood clot. Non-occlusive means that there is blood flow around the clot. Then I will have another ultrasound in six months to see if it is gone. In the meantime, I will continue to walk every day, stretch, wear compression socks, and elevate my leg. No marathons for me. LOL. I will also be tested to see if I have a genetic disposition for blood clots.

I will continue to use Eliquis for six months. The drug thins my blood and keeps me safe from an embolism.

I saved the best for last. My bloodwork! My white blood count is 7.7 k/mm3 (normal is 4.0-11.0 k/mm3). My red blood count is 4.05 (normal is 3.70-5.40 m/mm3). My hemoglobin is 13.3 (normal is 11.5-16.0 g/dL). The only readings that are high are the ones that should be high because my body is getting rid of cancer cells. Hurrah! I am headed in the right direction.

P.S.- Thank you, Addie!

Dr. La Verne

No comments:

Post a Comment