Friday, February 9, 2024

Week 2 Venetoclax Ramp-up to 50 mg

Week 1 on the Venetoclax ramp up of 20 mg had some minor ups and downs with fevers, night sweats, fatique, and a diminished appetite (which was a blessing since I lost six pounds in a month).

Monday 02/05/24 My bloodwork was taken the last day of Week 1. I had so many normal ranges! The big news is that my platelets are in the normal range! They squeaked by at 131 k/mm3 and the normal range is 130-450!

My RDW-SD is high. This means that the size of my red blood cells differs significantly in size from typical red blood cells. This shows that my body is having a little difficulty making red blood cells. Red blood cells transport oxygen from the lungs to your body.

I asked for a Hemoglobin A1C test for diabetes since my glucose levels had been high. The results are high. I made an appointment with my GP to look at the results and do something before I become diabetic.

After my bloodwork, I had a Living Well cancer support meeting and we all planned on going to lunch after the meeting. My friend Arlene took a fall right when we were walking across the street to the restaurant. She hit her head. 9-1-1 was called and she went to the emergency room. No broken bones. Just some stitches.

That night I woke up in night sweats and again at 4 a.m. on Tuesday morning.

Tuesday, Week 2 of the Venetoclax ramp up of 50 mg (more than double of Week 1) also included the “full Monty” of Obinutuzumab infusion on the same day. The Benadryl was not included with the two steroid doses, and Tylenol prep, so I was able to stay awake and grade half of my student’s essays while being infused. The process took several hours, and I did not need to nap. I had no issues. When I got home, I fixed a seven-layer salad and got my computer work done.

Wednesday morning, I woke up at 1:20 a.m. with night sweats, but nothing more. I went back to sleep, and when I woke up I had no cramps and my muscles felt good. No muscle pain.

Wednesday was a great day for me. I had an in-person meeting at the university and had no fatigue. In fact, I had no fatigue all this week!

Thursday 02/08/24 I woke up with night sweats again, but nothing more. This was a good week. I am ready for another blood test and Week 3 Venetoclax ramp up. I just might get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment