Saturday, February 3, 2024

Horizontal Week

02/03/24 Blog

My birthday keeps going on! Saturday Carl and I spent it with Tonya and her fiancĂ© and four of our grandkids. We went to the dinosaur museum and Oregano’s Sunday. Best birthday ever! I enjoyed friendship time with my friend Sue C. My daughter has been bringing us so much food that Carl and I are going to look like little piglets!

Monday, January 29th I got bloodwork. My platelets are still low but holding, my WBC is in the low normal, but everything else was normal. This means that I had the best bloodwork that I have had in 15 years! I was off to a good start.

On Tuesday Dr. Robin determined that I could go ahead and take my first 20 mg dose of Venetoclax, which I did as soon as I got home.

Tuesday afternoon I was feeling weak and tired. So odd, since the week before I had no cramps and my muscles and joints were feeling great. By 6 pm my temperature was 100.9 degrees Fahrenheit. Remember that 100.4 is the tipping point according to the pharmacist. Dr. Robin gave me her personal cell number, so I texted her. She suggested I take two extra strength Tylenol. I did and my temperature dropped in an hour. She said she was not concerned because she knows my counts are good and my immune system is intact. She believed it was a reaction from the first medical dose.

When I woke up Wednesday morning, my temperature was 100.4, so again I texted her and told her I was taking two Tylenol. In 45 minutes, my temperature went down to 99.2. So now I know what to do.

I wish I could report that my week was good, but I look like crap and I have been horizontal and exhausted. It is sometimes hard for me to talk. It takes too much energy. I know that is a shocker to most people. I have continued to take a daily dose of the ramp up Venetoclax for Week 1.

The plan is that on Monday, Feb.5th I will have more bloodwork done to determine if I can go ahead with another full Monte infusion of Obinutuzumab on Tuesday. My Week 2 ramp up of Venetoclax is supposed to begin on Tuesday, Feb. 6th.

Did I tell you drugs are my life?

Dr. La Verne

No comments:

Post a Comment