Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Day 15: Obinutuzumab CANCELLED

The three days after my Tuesday, January 9th infusion went well. I managed to get in a one-mile walk in and spend some time with my cousin on his birthday on Friday. Saturday during the day, I slept all day, periodically waking up to drink some water and eat something. I just listen to my body. If it says sleep, I sleep. I slept all night Saturday night. Sunday and Monday I did okay. I was able to get out of the house for a short time.

Tuesday, January 16th was supposed to me my next “Full Monte” dose of Obinutuzumab. I saw Dr. Robin before my infusion. She said that the blood draw from last week showed that my platelets and protein are low. I have never had a problem with my platelets ever.

My white blood count (WBC) from last week was finally in the normal range (5.6) and my Lymphocytes Absolute count was 0.82. My glucose level was high, but I was not fasting, so she didn’t seem overly concerned about that. My creatinine count was high and that was an indication that I was dehydrated. My RDW-SD count was high, but that was expected during the treatment. The immature Grans Abs was high and that is an indication that my bone marrow is being suppressed and challenged.

She wanted to do another blood draw before the infusion. The new blood draw from Day 15 showed that my platelet count is even lower than it was last week. My bone marrow is being challenged and has not had enough time to heal. Dr. Robin wanted to be safe with the treatment and she believed it was best to give me fluids, up my allopurinol for uric acid to 300 per day, rather than 100 three times per week. My Obinutuzumab treatment was cancelled today.

Next Monday I will get bloodwork done and my next infusion, hopefully, on January 23rd. My oral cancer meds will not happen next week. It will be the week after.

I have her personal cell phone number if I have any issues. She did not want me to be disappointed that we are moving forward with a little stop along the way. I am fine with it. I would rather be safe. I am still here and kickin’ so that is good.

Dr. La Verne

No comments:

Post a Comment