Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Day 2: New Treatment (01-03-2024)

Yesterday before I had my first treatment, I managed to grow a huge honking 2-inch lymph node under the left side of my jaw in seven days. It looked like I had the mumps! I stopped taking Imbruvica on Dec. 26th. By this morning it was half the size. The infusions must have made a difference.

I do recommend having a port put in. It makes the infusion process and the blood draw process so much easier. I recommend applying a big blob of prescribed Lidocaine and Prilocaine cream and cover it with Saran wrap one hour before the treatment. The Saran wrap is to protect your clothing. I would also suggest that the nurse spray the anesthetic spray on the port as well. That way I did not feel the prick.

Yesterday I was prepared for a night of nausea, since I am prone to that. Carl put a bucket by my bed. I also had my other prescriptions. Well, I had no issues all night and woke up feeling fine. I do have a bit of a steroid face, but I have a round face anyway, so it did not bother me.

We checked into Day 2 at 8 a.m. and I was on my way home before 2 p.m. I brought a book to read. I started out with Tylenol pills and an infusion of steroids and Benedryl. Then I was given a ramped up 900 mg of Obinutuzumab (9 times more than yesterday). By 10 a.m. the Benedryl kicked in and I took a nap. The nurse woke me up after three hours and told me I would be unhooked in 30 minutes. My infusion neighbor told me that I did not snore. LOL. I could have slept longer. Carl was running errands and came back to pick me up and that was that. I feel well rested.

On our way out we saw Dr. Robin Obenchain, my oncologist. She is such a caring person. I got a big hug from her and told her that so far, my talent of napping was coming in handy. We laughed.

I had a visit from my daughter Tonya and that was good medicine for me. So let’s see how tonight goes. So far so good. The force is with me.

Love & Gratitude, Dr. La Verne

No comments:

Post a Comment