Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Day 8: Obinutuzumab (01/9/2024)

Last night I slept well. Today is Day 8 of my Obinutuzumab infusion. I took another 3-hour nap during the treatment. I had the full Monte this time and I have done well. No side effects so far except the fatigue.

My oncologist Dr. Robin said that my two days of activity after the initial two treatments was probably because of the steroids. Then my two horizontal days were because I overdid my activity. I need to strike a balance here. LOL.

I will tell you that my ASU students inspire me. I love hearing about their outlook for the future. I have such faith that these human beings will make our world better.

I am grateful that I moved my courses online. I would not have the energy to drive around town and hunt for a parking space at the university. I save my energy for my students and their success.

I came home to a wonderful dinner cooked by a chef from Sally and Bill. I will tell you that not having to exert the energy to cook has been a real blessing, since fatigue seems to be my downfall. I listen to my body. When it is tired, I rest. So I am resting now.

With gratuity,

Dr. La Verne

No comments:

Post a Comment