Monday, January 8, 2024

Day 7: Obinutuzumab infusions

Days 3 and 4 after two treatments of Obinutuzumab were good days. I felt alert and even walked a mile each day.

Days 5 and 6 (Saturday and Sunday) were horizontal days. I also had a headache. I slept most of the day on Day 5. I guess my body needed it. I went to sleep at 6 p.m. on Day 5 and slept until midnight. I got up to get a glass of water and went back to sleep until 4:30 a.m. Then I had my coffee and went back to sleep for two more hours. My body has been getting rid of a lot of fluid. I am keeping hydrated.

I was delighted when I received a soup package from Lucy. The tomato basil soup felt good going down my throat. My daughter Tonya made homemade egg rolls. I put on a pot of rice and that was all I had to do for dinner. Not having to cook is a real help to me.

Today is Day 7. I had a little dizziness when I first woke up, but I feel better. My temperature is a little elevated today, but within range. I am supposed to go to the hospital if my temperature reaches 100.4.

Tomorrow is my next infusion. Today will be a good day. I am happy that I have been able to stay away from some of the worst side effects.

Dr. La Verne

No comments:

Post a Comment